Thursday, November 26, 2009

Why am I Doing This?

Hello everyone! For those of you who don't know me, I am Jingles! A crazy cat lady who loooooves cats and all animals! I have two cats, Leopold and Dmitri. You can visit them at http://dmitriandleopold.blogspot.com/. I also have another blog: http://catpalooza.blogspot.com/. I like art but I don't pay that much attention to it unless it is cats. Well today I was reading some cat lover books with art, quotes, and stuff (you probably know what I am talking about). Well I have read these books about a billion times before but for the first time, this art spoke to me. I am talking about Louis Wain's art. I don't know what it is but now I have like an addiction to his art. I spent hours looking him up and decided to make a blog about him. I don't plan to post everyday but often. Too me his art is different in every way. I know if you've seen his art you're probably like "Well duh it's different!" Even though his art is different from most cat art, I guess it tells a story (well most art kind of does) but in a different way. It is charming, very whimsical, colourful, things like that. Whenever I look at most art with cats I think "Oh, that's beautiful!" or "That is soooo pretty!" but I never really think about it or find a point even if it doesn't have one. Wain's work though makes me think kind of hard. I can't look at his pictures without really thinking. I appreciate his work very much. Here are some pictures! Hope you enjoy them! Please leave comments!



I love the eyes on this one!
The colours on this cat are purrfect. This picture shows you an example of how his schizophrenia affected his pictures.
The profile of this cat is purrrfection!

The character of the two cats are very amusing on this one!

1 comment:

  1. We love Louis Wain's work. It's sort of sad that his most vibrant work was done when he had episodes of illness.

    ReplyDelete